- "Okay, Don't panic...remember what Sensei said about that craft...Four Engines...Laser Cannons...Rocket Launcher...Way too much armor...and way too fast!"
- ―Hikaru, while being chased by a Sonic Phantom [src]
|Sonic Phantom Information|
|Armor||6 inches Tenatium|
|Power Source||Power Core for weapons, Turbine Engines for flight|
|Weapons||Five Laser Cannons|
Sonic Disruptor Amplifier
|Status||Destroyed or deactivated, production discontinued|
A Sonic Phantom was a very powerful air unit used during the Split Mountain Era. They were used by the robots and feared greatly by the human pilots. During the Golden City Era, they were replaced by the Sonic Ravens.
The Sonic Phantom was one of the first Robot Battle Machines that was not based on human mining vehicles. It had a sleek shape, with two turbines in the front and two more suspended on winglets on either side of the cockpit.
The Sonic Phantom was first seen guarding a robot facility of which Hikaru was sent to take pictures. He was attacked and nearly defeated by the vehicle, but managed to outwit the Sonic Phantom.
At least 3 Sonic Phantoms participated in the Striking Venom Attack, and were defeated by the Silent Strike. After the Striking Venom Attack they were replaced by the rarer, but more efficient, Sonic Ravens.
The Sonic Phantoms were powerful air units used during the Split Mountain Era, designed by the human engineer Yukio. They were feared greatly by the human pilots, especially Ryo, who vowed to create an effective countermeasure for them. His creation, the Mobile Defense Tank, proved its competency when it blew two Phantoms out of the sky using mini rockets. The Sonic Phantom was piloted by a single special-ops Devastator Robot. It was shown to use sonic disruptor amplifiers against the Silent Strike. When Yukio was rescued, he revealed that the Sonic Phantom had a key weakness; its command circuitry was thinly armored, low in its fuselage. If an enemy could break through the armor, they could seize the wires and take temporary control of the unit, as Hikaru did in Book 1: Escape from Sentai Mountain. This discovery, combined with Ryo's countermeasure, reduced the Sonic Phantom from a mortal threat to another robot battle machine.
- Year Released: 2006
- Item Number: 7704
- Price: $20 USD
- Pieces: 215
- Alternative Model: Speeder Phantom
- Exo-Force Online Comic 3: Hikaru´s Mission
- Exo-Force Online Comic 8: Against the Odds!
- Exo-Force Online Comic 10: A Desperate Plan
- Exo-Force Online Comic 12: All-Out Attack!
- Exo-Force Online Comic 13: Assault on Robot H.Q.
- Exo-Force Online Comic 14: Uplink alone!
- Exo-Force Online Comic 15: Mobile defense tank in action!
- Exo-Force Online Comic 17: Bridge Walker vs. White Lightning (on a screen)
- Exo-Force Online Comic 19: Secret Strike
- Exo-Force Online Comic 21: Battle In the sky!
- Exo-Force Online Comic 24: Eyes of the Enemy
- Exo-Force Book 1: Escape from Sentai Mountain
- Exo-Force Book 2: Attack of the Robots
|Human Battle Machines|
|Deep Jungle Era:||River Dragon | Assault Tiger | Chameleon Hunter | Hybrid Rescue Tank|
|Golden City Era:||Cyclone Defender | Blade Titan | Sky Guardian | Golden Guardian | Aero Booster/Blue Falcon | Blazing Falcon | Mini Rocket Speeder | Sky Titan|
|Split Mountain Era:||Uplink | Grand Titan | Stealth Hunter | Gate Defender | Supernova | Silent Strike | Mobile Defense Tank | White Lightning | Gate Guardian | Mountain Warrior|
|Robot Battle Machines|
|Deep Jungle Era:||Arachnoid Stalker | Dark Panther | Jungle Thrasher (Cancelled) | Storm Lasher|
|Golden City Era:||Claw Crusher | Iron Condor/Iron Condor II | Shadow Crawler | Sonic Raven | Combat Crawler X2/Iron Condor II | Mobile Devastator | Iron Crusher|
|Split Mountain Era:||Sentry/Sentry II | Fire Vulture | Thunder Fury | Sonic Phantom | R-1 Rammer | Venom I | Bridge Walker | Striking Venom | Raging Storm|